2009-01-28

Office 2007 and Vista: Error message when opening with double-click in Explorer

Mal wieder ein Eintrag auf Englisch, wegen schwerer Er-Google-Bar-Keit.


This nasty bug nagged me for half a year now: I was not able to open Office 2007 documents in Vista in the Explorer. Also the integration with Office Groove was broken. If I double-clicked on a document to open it, Vista showed a stupid nice error message, saying: "Windows cannot find '{path to yourfile.abc}'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." This was really annoying!

Today, I stumbled over the solution at in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (Article 211494). You have to turn off the obscure setting called "Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange" in any of the office program's options.

Very obvious, isn't it?

1 Kommentar:

Unknown hat gesagt…

Good Day I am so Happy I Found your Website,
I Found you by Mistake, While I was Searching on Aol for Something else,
Anyhow I am here now and would Just Like to say many Thanks for a Remarkable Post and
an all round Entertaining Blog I don’t have Time to read it,
all at the moment But I have BookMarked it and
also added in your RSS Feeds,
So When I have Time I will be Back yo Read More,
Please Do Keep Up the Fantastic Job. You can also check; excel there was a problem sending the command to the program